“Bell Let’s Talk” is a charitable program dedicated to the promotion and support of mental health across Canada. This program supports a wide range of mental health organizations, focusing on anti-stigma, care and access, workplace mental health and research.
At Urban Stable we know that mental health affects all of us, so on January 31, Bell Let’s Talk Day, let’s join the conversation! On Let’s Talk Day, millions of people in Canada and around the world send messages of support and encouragement for those struggling with mental illness, share their own stories and offer ideas about how we can improve everyone’s mental health.
How can you help?
Use these 5 simple ways to help end the stigma around mental illness developed by Dr. Heather Stuart the Bell Mental Health and Anti-Stigma Research Chair at Queen’s University:
- Language matters – pay attention to the words you use about mental illness
- Educate yourself – learn, know and talk more, understand the signs
- Be kind – small acts of kindness speak a lot
- Listen and ask – sometimes it’s best to just listen
- Talk about it – start a dialogue, break the silence
Let’s help keep the conversation going all year long and make every day a day it is okay to talk about mental health.
To learn more visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.